We are looking for an enthusiastic and creative Post-doc to work on our bilateral project LOSTME (PTDC/PSI/ESP/30958/2017) with Dr. Moreno I. Coco (PI, University of East London) and Dr. Ana Luisa Raposo (CO-PI, the University of Lisbon) which aims to:
- uncover the role that attention (overt and covert) plays on the formation, maintenance and access of visual information in long-term memory within a cognitive aging perspective and,
- develop novel diagnostic tools and computational models to discriminate between healthy and pathological aging.
The essential criteria are:
- PhD degree completed by the date of the call in Cognitive Neuroscience, Brain and Cognitive Sciences, Experimental Psychology, or related areas;
- extensive experience with eye-tracking research and preferably also with EEG research; (
- command on computer programming in at least one of the following languages: R, Matlab or Python;
- knowledge of modern methods of statistical analysis and experience with machine learning techniques (e.g., deep-neural network); and
- published or submitted manuscripts to international journals relevant to the topic of the call.
The link of the published call is available here.
The post-doc will receive a contract of 12 months, with a salary up to 1800 euros net per month. The contract is for 36 months, and evaluated every 12 months. The contract comes with social benefits, (e.g., health insurance), and other types of allowance. We welcome applications from anyone as the selection is purely based on the merit and the fit of the candidate to the project.
Informal enquiries can be send to Dr. Moreno I. Coco or Dr. Ana Luisa Raposo, so that we can also help you with the formal process of application.
Application deadline: 22 January 2019